COVID UPDATE 6/15/21
The State of California and Yolo County have lifted the mask mandate to include our industry. Masks will not be required for fully vaccinated people inside the gym.
Please see this link for detailed information from the State of Ca: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx#June15guidance
In accordance with State of Ca and Yolo County, Get Fit Davis Sport has provided the vaccine requirement information to our members and beginning Tuesday, 6/15, we will allow vaccinated members to Self-Attest that they are in compliance prior to entry. If you enter the gym without a mask, we are accepting that as your Self-Attest. If you enter the gym with a mask, we are accepting that as you are following the vaccination requirements.
As required by the State of Ca, masks will still be required for children over 2 in Childcare until further notice. We will update our policy as the State of Ca updates its policy.
In addition to the mask mandate being lifted with these conditions, we will also be opening the sauna and steam room. The jacuzzi will remain closed for the time being.
COVID Safety Protocols
Please review the COVID related policies and procedures that will be in place upon reopening. We understand that our community's success falls on our individual and collective responsibility. We take this responsibility seriously and ask that you do the same. Together we can create a safe and clean fitness facility for all of us to achieve our physical, mental and spiritual goals. We sincerely thank you for your patience and assistance. We got this GFD Fit Fam!
Please adhere to these new policies as we reopen:
- Face masks are required AT ALL TIMES.
- You may take your mask off to shower, but please put it back on before you exit the shower.
- Please Stay home if you are sick.
- If you have a thermometer, please use it to monitor your temperature. Self-screening is critical.
- Maintain at least a 6 foot distance from other patrons.
- If you are at higher risk for severe illness, you should avoid visiting gyms for the time being.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth completely if you sneeze.
- If possible, use touchless payment (pay without touching money, a card, or a keypad), and if you must handle money, a card, or use a keypad, use hand sanitizer immediately after.
- We encourage you to use hand sanitizer when entering the facility and please maintain a 6 foot distance (marked with blue tape) when entering the building. Please check in one person at a time.
- When leaving the gym, use hand sanitizer again, and when you get home, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- We encourage you to wash your hands regularly during your workout.
Our staff will be hard at work sanitizing the facility throughout the day. We also ask that our members do their part as well. Before and after using any equipment, mat, ball, dumbbell, etc. in the facility, please sanitize it with the spray and paper towels provided. This will be imperative for keeping the facility clean, and everyone healthy.
- We have expanded our day crew janitorial hours.
- Our overnight cleaning crew will be responsible for increased sanitization measures.
- Our Front Desk Staff will have additional cleaning responsibilities throughout their shift.
- We will have continuous “day porters” sanitizing the facility.
- There will be no towels available during this stage. You are welcome to bring your own, but please keep them with you for the duration of your workout.
- There will be no available magazines during this time.
Temporary Closures Until Further Notice:
- The spa, sauna, steam room and the basketball court are closed.
- Our child care services and Spinning studios are closed
- Every other cardio device on the floor has been deactivated to allow proper social distancing.
- Indoor Group Exercise classes are suspended until further notice.
It’s imperative that our staff and members follow these guidelines for us to remain open. Please do your part to keep yourself and fellow fitness family members safe. We are very excited to welcome you all back to the gym…thank you!